Sebuah emel kiriman seorang pengunjung laman. Diterbitkan sepenuhnya tanpa suntingan kandungan (kecuali suntingan kosmetik).
- MALACCA: The Malacca Education Department will summon a school principal in Jasin, near here, to answer allegations that his school had given privilege to only one race to attend special coaching classes to improve their academic performance.
- The principal of the elite school will be asked to explain the matter to its officials.
- Some parents had complained that the special classes, taught after schooling hours, were for students who had received mediocre results in last year’s UPSR examination while excellent students were advised to only attend the normal classes or opt for external tuitions.
- State Education, Youth and Sport Committee chairman Datuk Gan Tian Loo said the allegations could paint a negative impression of the country’s education system.
- “At the end of the day, the Government will be blamed when the issue is blown out of proportion,” he said.
- “We want his (the principal’s) side of the story before deciding the next course of action,” said Gan, adding that he would bring up the matter with Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam if the principal’s explanation is not satisfactory.
- A parent, whose daughter had achieved excellent results in the UPSR examination, said she was not allowed to join the special class.
- He further claimed field trips, free re- ference materials and outstation seminars were being planned for the special class children.
- Another parent, who identified herself as Tee, said she had asked the principal about the matter but he did not respond.
- She said the school had been practising this “policy” over the past decade.
Pengetua buat kelas khas utk pelajar2 bermasalah.. Kebetulan majoriti semua Melayu.. Dah budak2 Melayu ada yg suka jadi rempit & bohjan waktu sekolah dpt la result UPSR corot.. Ada yg mempunyai masalah kewangan & keluarga jugak pasal tu xle fokus pendidikan.. Yang mak budak Cina nak bagi anak masuk kelas khas utk pelajar corot kenapa? X puas hati pasal budak2 yg ada masalah dgn pelajaran dpt extra kelas, program luar sekolah & bahan rujukan?? Mak aii perangai cina Bukit ala DAP dah makin menjadi2… Ini kerja bangang namanya..