Source : NewStraitsTimes
KUALA LUMPUR: The government must be more proactive in getting non-Malays master the Malay language befitting its role as the national language.The national language ideology should be created so that the the younger generation better understand the role of Malay language as the official language of the country.Malay language sociolinguistic expert Prof Dr Teo Kok Seong said many young Chinese cannot speak Malay well due to negative attitude and upbringing that the mother tongue is superior.“The Malays must set a good example by appreciating the national language as only then it will encourage the non-Malays to master it.
“Positive attitude of the Malays will give rise to confidence and place the national language on the right track,” he said in the talk show ‘Dalam Radar’ by Bernama Radio24.
Teo who is also deputy director of Institute of Malay World and Civilisation, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, did not deny that lack of articles to empower the Malay language in vernacular newspapers was also responsible. — BERNAMALagi mengenai DS Najib dan pendidikan vernakular:-
- Muka diberi, lalu cacing naik ke mata
- BN sahabat sejati pendidikan sekolah Cina – kata Najib. Dan inilah hasilnya
- Pendokong Tegar dan Juara Sekolah Vernakular
- Kemanakah Arah 1-Malaysia Di Dalam Sistem Pendidikan Negara?
- Najib Tun Razak dan Pendidikan Sekolah Cina
- Kerajaan Di Saran Lagi Supaya Menghapuskan Sekolah Vernakular – Apa lagi yang DS Najib ingin pertahankan?
- Najib Is Mad, Confirmed!.
- Lagi Mengenai Perdana Menteri & Sekolah Vernakular
- Batu Penghalang Pembinaan Negara
- Apa komen “BAPAK VERNAKULAR”?
- DS Najib Yang Masih Tidak Mahu “Nampak”
- Pencabulan Asas-Asas Negara